What’s in the Box
- Springfield 1911 EMP 9mm Bi-Tone Pistol
- (5) Magazines
- Magazine Pouch
- Range Bag
- Hard Case
- Bore Brush
- Cable Lock
- Owner’s Manual
This 1911 EMP 9mm Bi-Tone Pistol is part of Springfield’s Instant Gear Up promotion. Included in this package is 5 total magazines, a holster, mag pouch, range bag and a hard case.
How could the enduring design that is the 1911 be improved? Springfield Armory® answered that question in 2007 with the introduction of the Enhanced Micro Pistol™. The EMP® changes what a compact 1911 can be.
The action of the EMP® is 1/8 inch shorter than that of the original 1911. This translates into several concrete advantages for the shooter. The shorter grip radius produces a shockingly comfortable shooting experience. You have to shoot the EMP® to believe how controllable it is. The shorter dimensions also work to increase reliability – something that’s crucial in a concealed carry pistol. And of course, the overall dimensions are one of the smallest 1911s out there.
The good news doesn’t stop with the innovative design. The EMP® comes loaded with all the features you expect in a 1911 of this class – like low profile 3-Dot tritium combat sights and a match grade fully supported and ramped barrel. And with 9+1 rounds of 9mm, the EMP® packs an amazing amount of punch in one of the smallest 1911s ever.
- Manufacturer: Springfield Armory
- Model: 1911 EMP B-Tone
- Caliber: 9mm Luger
- Recoil System: Dual Spring w/ Full Length Guide Rod
- Sights: Low Profile Combat; 3-Dot Tritium
- Weight (with empty magazine): 27 oz.
- Height: 5″
- Slide: Forged Stainless Steel; Satin Finish
- Barrel: 3″ Stainless Steel Match Grade; Fully Supported Ramp; Bull
- Overall Length: 6.6″
- Grip Type: 1.12″ Thinline Cross Cannon™ Double Diamond Cocobolo
- Frame: Forged Aluminum Alloy; Black Hardcoat Anodized
- Magazines: 5 – 9 Round; Stainless Steel